Despite the ongoing pandemic, I am still available for doing talks online for community groups and historical societies. I can be contacted here.
- ‘Tell my people I want to be buried with Fitzgerald of Fermoy’: The impact of Michael Fitzgerald’s martyrdom on Liam Lynch, for Terence MacSwiney, Cork Men’s Gaol, and the Political Hunger Strike, 1920-2020 (online by Zoom), on 9th October 2020.
- ‘One of the most brilliant young Irishmen of our day’: Joseph MacDonagh’s Irish Revolution, for Dublin Festival of History 2020 (online by Zoom), on 22 September 2020.
- Bombing of Skerries Civic Guards barracks during the Civil War, February 1923 for Skerries Historical Society, at Skerries Bowling Club, on 3 February 2020.
- ‘One of the most brilliant young Irishmen of our day’: Joseph MacDonagh T.D. (1883-1922), for Lunchtime Lecture Series: The 1918 Election and First Dáil, at City Council Chambers, Dublin City Hall on 19 November 2018.
- IRA GHQ and the War of Independence 1919-21, for 8th Burning of the Custom House 1921 Conference, at Custom House, North Dock, Dublin 1 on 26 May 2018.
- ‘One of the most brilliant young Irishmen of our day’: Joseph MacDonagh T.D. (1883-1922), for Thomas MacDonagh Weekend 2018, at Thomas MacDonagh Heritage Centre, Lower Main Street, Cloughjordan, Co. Tipperary on 5 May 2018.
- Muriel MacDonagh – Tragic Death of 1916 Widow, for Street Stories History Festival – Women After 1916, at The Cobblestone, 77 King Street North, Smithfield, Dublin on 2 December 2017.
- Muriel MacDonagh – Tragic Death of 1916 Widow, for Muriel MacDonagh Commemorative Weekend, at Old School, Skerries, on 8 July 2017.
- I Longed for Vengeance: Arthur Griffith, Sinn Féin and the 1916 Rising, jointly hosted by Trinity College Dublin Student Union 1916 Centenary Initiative and Trinity Politics Society, at Arts Block, Trinity College, on 10 March 2016.
- Arthur Griffith and the Easter Rising, for Old Drogheda Society/ Drogheda Museum Millmount’s Annual John Boyle O’ Reilly Autumn School ‘1916 – Myth and Reality’, at Drogheda Museum, on 18 October 2015.
- Muriel MacDonagh – Tragic Death of 1916 Widow, for Skerries Historical Society, at Keane’s Bus Bar, on 11 June 2013.